- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 3 cups canned diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 medium green pepper, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients. Place in a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Cover and bake at 400° for 1-1/2 hours, stirring once or twice. Uncover during the last 15 minutes to brown.
1 cup: 267 calories, 6g fat (2g saturated fat), 37mg cholesterol, 413mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein.