Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 7-1/2 cups crisp rice cereal
- 1 tube (16-1/2 ounces) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon water
- 4 drops green food coloring
- 1-1/2 cups sweetened shredded coconut
- Black paste food coloring
- Vanilla frosting
- Brown decorating icing
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- Candy pumpkins
- In a large saucepan over low heat, melt butter. Stir in marshmallows until melted. Remove from heat. Stir in cereal until well coated. With a buttered spatula, press into a greased 13x9-in. pan. Cool.
- Beat cookie dough and flour until combined. On a lightly floured surface, roll out dough to 1/4-in. thickness. Using a 2-in. tombstone-shaped cookie cutter, cut out 16 tombstones from dough. Place 2 in. apart on ungreased baking sheets.
- Along bottom edge of each cookie, insert 2 toothpicks halfway into dough. Bake at 350° until edges are golden brown, 8-10 minutes. Remove to wire racks to cool.
- Place water and green food coloring in a bowl. Add coconut; cover and shake or toss to coat. Toast coconut in a shallow pan in a 350° oven for 5-10 minutes or cook in a skillet over low heat until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Using black paste food coloring, tint frosting gray. Frost sugar cookies; decorate with brown decorating icing.
- Cut cereal bars into 3x2-in. rectangles; spread with melted chocolate chips. Using toothpicks, insert cookies into cereal bars. Decorate with coconut and candies as desired.
1 treat: 358 calories, 15g fat (8g saturated fat), 15mg cholesterol, 306mg sodium, 55g carbohydrate (25g sugars, 1g fiber), 4g protein.