- 1 pound beef stew meat, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pound fresh baby carrots
- 2 medium potatoes, cut into chunks
- 2 medium onions, cut into wedges
- 1 cup drained diced tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 celery rib, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- In a 3-qt. slow cooker, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours or until meat and vegetables are tender.
1-1/2 cups: 334 calories, 8g fat (3g saturated fat), 70mg cholesterol, 611mg sodium, 39g carbohydrate (13g sugars, 6g fiber), 26g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 starch, 2 vegetable.