Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup walnut halves
- 1 cup pecan halves
- 1 cup Brazil nuts, halved
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1-1/2 cups sugar
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 cup light corn syrup
- Place the walnuts, pecans and Brazil nuts in a single layer on a baking sheet. Bake at 350° for 4-8 minutes or until toasted and golden brown, stirring once. Cool on a wire rack. Line an 8-in. square pan with foil; grease the foil with butter and set aside.
- In a large heavy saucepan, combine the sugar, cream and corn syrup. Bring to a boil over medium heat, stirring constantly. Stir in the toasted nuts. Cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer reads 238° (soft-ball stage).
- Remove from the heat. Stir with a wooden spoon until creamy and thickened. Quickly spread into prepared pan; cool. Cover and refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Using foil, lift candy out of pan; discard foil. Cut candy into squares. Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator.
1 piece: 75 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 5mg cholesterol, 5mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein.