Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 5 ounces cold cream cheese, cut into small pieces
- 3/4 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 3 tablespoons cold water
- 1-1/4 cups finely chopped peeled mangoes
- 1/2 cup guava jelly
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 2 teaspoons water
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder and salt; cut in cream cheese and butter until crumbly. Gradually add water, tossing with a fork until dough is moistened. Knead in bowl until a ball forms; flatten into a disk. Wrap in plastic; refrigerate for at least 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- In a small bowl, combine the mangoes, jelly, mint and lemon zest; set aside. In a small bowl, whisk egg and water.
- On a floured surface, roll out dough to 1/8-in. thickness; cut into 4-in. circles. Spoon 2 teaspoons mango mixture into the center of each circle. Brush edges with water; fold dough over filling and seal with a fork. Brush with egg mixture; sprinkle with sugar.
- Place on foil-lined baking sheets. Bake at 375° for 20-23 minutes or until golden brown. Remove to wire racks to cool.
1 each: 136 calories, 8g fat (5g saturated fat), 31mg cholesterol, 107mg sodium, 14g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 0 fiber), 2g protein.