- 4 pan-dressed trout (about 1 pound each)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup half-and-half cream
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- Sprinkle salt and pepper in the cavity of each trout. In a shallow bowl, beat eggs and cream. Dip trout in egg mixture, then roll in flour. In a small skillet over low heat, saute the almonds in 2 tablespoons butter until lightly browned. Add lemon juice an tarragon; heat through. Remove from the heat and keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in a skillet over medium heat, combine oil and remaining butter. Fry the trout for 8-10 minutes; carefully turn and fry 8 minutes longer or until it flakes easily with a fork. Top with almond mixture.
1 each: 568 calories, 41g fat (12g saturated fat), 211mg cholesterol, 1354mg sodium, 17g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein.