- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 3/4 pound Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed
- 1/2 cup sliced onion
- 1/2 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 400°. With greased fingers, press dough onto a 12-in. pizza pan coated with cooking spray. Prick dough thoroughly with a fork. Bake until lightly browned, 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook the sausage, onion, mushrooms and green pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink, 6-8 minutes, breaking up sausage into crumbles; drain.
- Spread crust with pizza sauce. Top with sausage mixture; sprinkle with cheese. Bake until crust is golden brown and cheese is melted, 12-15 minutes longer.
Can you freeze Turkey Sausage Pizza?
Wrap and freeze cooled pizza. To use, thaw overnight in the refrigerator. Unwrap; bake on a pizza pan at 400° until heated through, 18-22 minutes.
1 slice: 283 calories, 9g fat (4g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 668mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 3g fiber), 18g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 2 lean meat, 1/2 fat.