Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 2 large baking potatoes
- 1 cup chopped peeled parsnips
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 tablespoons cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Dash hot pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onions
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- Bake potatoes at 375° for 1 hour or until tender. Allow to cool. Place parsnips and garlic in a small saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20 minutes or until tender. Drain and mash.
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each potato; discard. Scoop out the pulp, leaving a thin shell. In a bowl, mash potato pulp with parsnips and garlic. Beat in next five ingredients, using a hand mixer.
- Stir in green onions. Spoon into the potato shells. Combine the Parmesan cheese and paprika; sprinkle over top. Place on a baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-30 minutes or until heated through.
1 each: 416 calories, 7g fat (4g saturated fat), 19mg cholesterol, 728mg sodium, 81g carbohydrate (10g sugars, 10g fiber), 11g protein.