- 6 cups quick-cooking oats
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/2 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- In a large bowl, toss the oats, walnuts, coconut and sesame seeds. In a large saucepan over medium heat, cook and stir the oil, brown sugar, honey, water and vanilla until sugar is dissolved (do not boil). Pour over oat mixture and stir to coat evenly. Pour into two greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking pans.
- Bake at 275° for 50-60 minutes or until golden brown, stirring every 15 minutes. Cool, stirring occasionally. Store in an airtight container.
3/4 cup: 539 calories, 30g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 21mg sodium, 61g carbohydrate (26g sugars, 5g fiber), 12g protein.