- 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup coconut oil or shortening, cold
- 3 to 4 tablespoons ice water
- 2-1/2 cups canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup maple or agave syrup
- 3/4 cup oat milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons tapioca flour or arrowroot flour
- In a food processor, mix flour, sugar and salt; pulse in coconut oil until crumbly. Gradually add ice water, pulsing until dough holds together when pressed. Shape into a disk; wrap and refrigerate 30 minutes or up to 2 hours.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough to a 1/8-in.-thick circle; transfer to 9-in. pie plate. Trim crust to ½ in. beyond rim of plate; flute edge. Refrigerate 30 minutes. Preheat oven to 425°.
- Line crust with a double thickness of foil. Fill with pie weights, dried beans or uncooked rice. Bake on a lower oven rack until crust is set, about 5 minutes. Remove foil and weights; bake until crust just starts to brown, about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 350°.
- In a blender, combine filling ingredients. Puree until smooth. Pour filling into crust. Bake 45 to 50 minutes, or until center is set and filling is beginning to crack (cover edges with foil during the last 15 minutes to prevent overbrowning if necessary). Cool on a wire rack for 1 hour. Refrigerate overnight or until set.
1 piece: 298 calories, 15g fat (12g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 239mg sodium, 41g carbohydrate (18g sugars, 3g fiber), 3g protein.