Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Dash ground ginger
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 cups fresh broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced fresh carrots
- 1 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 cup fresh or frozen snow peas
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds, toasted
- In a small bowl, combine the cornstarch, broth and soy sauce until smooth; set aside. In a large nonstick skillet, stir-fry the chicken, garlic and ginger in hot oil for 4-5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink. Remove and keep warm.
- In a large skillet, stir-fry broccoli, carrots and cauliflower in the remaining oil for 4 minutes or until crisp-tender. Add snow peas; stir-fry for 2 minutes. Stir broth mixture; add to pan. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 1 minute or until thickened. Add chicken; cook until heated through. Top with sesame seeds.
1-1/2 cups: 256 calories, 9g fat (1g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 862mg sodium, 13g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 31g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 2 vegetable, 1 fat.