Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh gingerroot
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium teriyaki sauce
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 3 cups cold cooked rice
- 2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add ginger and garlic; saute 1 minute longer or until garlic is tender. Add the teriyaki sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, salt and hot pepper sauce; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cook and stir for 2 minutes. Add rice and mixed vegetables; cook and stir over medium heat until vegetables are tender.
3/4 cup: 169 calories, 2g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 286mg sodium, 34g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable, 1-1/2 starch.