- 4 cups seeded chopped watermelon
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh cilantro
- 2 teaspoons finely chopped jalapeno pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large bowl, combine all the ingredients. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour before serving. Serve with a slotted spoon.
Editor's NoteWear disposable gloves when cutting hot peppers; the oils can burn skin. Avoid touching your face.
1/2 cup: 26 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 39mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 1g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 fruit.