- 1 large watermelon
- 2 cups seedless red grapes
- 1 medium cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cubed
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 medium oranges
- 1 jar (12 ounces) pineapple preserves
- Swedish Fish candies, optional
- Using a large sharp knife, cut off one end of the watermelon so that watermelon stands at an angle. Using a razor blade or small knife, score an opening for the mouth. With knife, cut out and remove mouth. Cut out triangles for teeth; remove rind from teeth.
- For shark fin, cut a triangle from removed rind; attach to shark with toothpicks. For eyes, attach two grapes with toothpicks.
- Remove fruit from inside watermelon; cut into cubes. In a large bowl, combine watermelon, cantaloupe, blueberries and remaining grapes. Finely grate peel from oranges and squeeze juice. In a small bowl, mix preserves, orange juice and peel; add to fruit and toss gently.
- Stand shark on a platter. Fill opening with some of the fruit mixture; add a few Swedish Fish if desired. Serve with remaining fruit.
3/4 cup (calculated without candies): 129 calories, 1g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 7mg sodium, 30g carbohydrate (28g sugars, 2g fiber), 2g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fruit, 1/2 starch.