- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (4 to 5 pounds)
- 4 teaspoons Montreal steak seasoning
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 celery ribs, chopped
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup seeded and chopped pepperoncini
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1-1/2 cups chili sauce
- 1 bottle (12 ounces) beer
- 3 tablespoons reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 18 mini buns, split
- Additional chopped pepperoncini, sliced red onion, dill pickle slices and stone-ground mustard, optional
- Trim roast; sprinkle with steak seasoning. Cut roast in half. In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat; brown meat in batches. Transfer meat and drippings to a 6-qt. slow cooker. Add remaining ingredients. Cook, covered, on low 7-8 hours or until meat is tender.
- Remove roast; cool slightly. Strain cooking juices, discarding vegetables and bay leaf; skim fat. Shred meat with two forks. Return meat and cooking juices to slow cooker; heat through. Using tongs, place meat on bun bottoms. Serve with cooking juices for dipping and top as desired.
1 slider: 305 calories, 13g fat (5g saturated fat), 72mg cholesterol, 973mg sodium, 21g carbohydrate (6g sugars, 1g fiber), 23g protein.