Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup canned great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 plum tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted Greek olives
- 6 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup fresh basil leaves, cut into strips
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 French bread baguette, cut into 1/3-inch-thick slices
- 1 package (5.3 ounces) goat cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the beans, tomatoes, olives, 4 tablespoons oil, basil, garlic, salt and pepper. Place bread slices on an ungreased baking sheet. Brush with remaining oil.
- Broil 3-4 in. from the heat until golden, about 1 minute. Spread with cheese; top with bean mixture. Serve immediately.