Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups fat-free milk
- 2/3 cup mashed ripe banana (about 1 medium)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Sliced bananas and additional syrup, optional
- Whisk together first 5 ingredients. In another bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, mashed banana, oil, 1 tablespoon syrup and vanilla. Add to flour mixture; stir just until moistened.
- Preheat a griddle coated with cooking spray over medium heat. Pour batter by 1/4 cupfuls onto griddle; cook until bubbles on top begin to pop and bottoms are golden brown. Turn; cook until second side is golden brown. If desired, serve with sliced bananas and additional syrup.
Freeze option: Freeze cooled pancakes between layers of waxed paper in a freezer container. To use, place pancakes on an ungreased baking sheet, cover with foil and reheat in a preheated 375° oven until heated through, 10-15 minutes. Or, place a stack of 2pancakes on a microwave-safe plate and microwave on high until heated through, 45-60 seconds.
2 pancakes: 186 calories, 4g fat (1g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 392mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 3g fiber), 7g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 starch, 1/2 fat.