Every editorial product is independently selected, though we may be compensated or receive an affiliate commission if you buy something through our links. Ratings and prices are accurate and items are in stock as of time of publication.
- 1-1/4 cups water (70° to 80°)
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 tablespoon unsalted sunflower kernels
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoon active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is complete, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Divide into 16 portions; shape each into a ball.
- Place 2 in. apart on baking sheets coated with cooking spray; flatten slightly. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack to cool.
1 each: 158 calories, 5g fat (3g saturated fat), 23mg cholesterol, 265mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate, 3g fiber), 5g protein.