- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1-1/2 pounds venison, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2-3/4 cups water
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) beef broth
- 1/2 teaspoon beef bouillon granules
- 2 medium potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup uncooked wild rice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine flour and pepper. Add venison; shake to coat. In a Dutch oven, brown meat in batches in oil. Add water, broth and bouillon; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours.
- Stir in the potatoes, onion, carrots and rice; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 30-40 minutes or until vegetables and rice are tender.
1 cup: 301 calories, 8g fat (2g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 362mg sodium, 24g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 2g fiber), 32g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3-1/2 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1 vegetable.