- 2 bacon strips, diced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped green onion
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh tarragon or 2 teaspoons dried tarragon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 bunch curly endive, torn
- 4 slices bread, cubed and toasted
- In a skillet, cook bacon until crisp. Remove to paper towels to drain. Add oil to drippings; saute garlic and onion until tender. Stir in vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, toss the endive, bread cubes and bacon. Pour the warm dressing over salad and serve immediately.
1 cup: 122 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 562mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable, 1/2 starch.