- 4 large potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon dried minced onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup milk
- 4 ounces Velveeta, cubed
- 1/3 cup chopped green chiles
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chicken bouillon granules
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- In a large saucepan, combine the potatoes, water, onion, garlic, salt and pepper; bring to a boil over medium heat. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. (Do not drain.) Mash potatoes in liquid until almost smooth. Add remaining ingredients; cook and stir until cheese is melted.
1 cup: 321 calories, 10g fat (6g saturated fat), 28mg cholesterol, 946mg sodium, 49g carbohydrate (7g sugars, 4g fiber), 10g protein.