- Eligibility: This Contest is open to legal U.S. residents residing in one of the 50 United States or District of Columbia and legal residents of Canada (excluding the Province of Québec) who are 18 years of age or older at time of entry. This Contest is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Taste of Home. Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor and its parent companies, affiliates, subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and their immediate families (parents, children, siblings, spouse) or members of the same household (whether related or not) of such employees/officers/directors are not eligible to participate. Eligible persons who previously won the Grand Prize in any Taste of Home recipe contest within one year prior to the Deadline Date (as defined below) may enter this Contest but are ineligible to be selected as the Grand Prize winner in this Contest (they may win other prizes in this Contest). Contest is void in the Province of Québec and where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated.
- How To Enter: Contest entry period begins at 12:01 am Eastern Time on February 1, 2021 and ends at 11:59 pm Eastern Time on March 31, 2021 (the “Deadline Date”). All entries must be received by 11:59 pm Eastern Time on the Deadline Date. To enter visit preprod.tasteofhome.com/recipecontests and follow the instructions. All entries must include your full name, address, city, state/province, zip/postal code, telephone number and email address (if you have one). Entries submitted in geographic areas in which the entry is not permissible will be disqualified. If entries do not contain all necessary information, entrant will be disqualified. Please be certain to follow all directions. Eligible persons can enter as many original recipes in this Contest as they wish. Sponsor is the official timekeeper for this Contest. In the event the Contest is entered via a mobile device, Message and Data charges may apply.All recipes must be the original work of entrant and not previously published. You may use other recipes for inspiration, but you must make your own unique ingredient and cooking instruction changes in order for the recipe to be considered. Each submitted recipe must not infringe the copyright, trademark, privacy, publicity or other intellectual property rights of any person or entity. All entries become the physical property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By submitting a recipe for this Contest, you grant Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees unrestricted use of the submitted entry which includes the right to publish your recipe and any other information provided worldwide in all print and electronic media (now or hereafter existing) without time limitation, and the right to include your name and hometown (e.g., city and state) in connection therewith. Sponsor reserves the right to edit, modify, translate, reproduce and distribute the submitted material in any medium and in any manner as it deems appropriate. Sponsor tests selected recipes and reserves the right to alter them as it deems appropriate. By submitting a recipe for this Contest, you further agree that Sponsor may, in its discretion, select your recipe for entry in one or more future “best of”, roundup or similar recipe contests conducted by Sponsor, in which event you consent to such entry and agree to be bound by the applicable rules for such contest(s). Sponsor may contact you via phone or email regarding your submission.
- Judging: A panel of Taste of Home food experts will review qualifying entrants’ submissions and select 12 semi-finalists based on the following criteria:
- Taste: 25%
- Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
- Visual Appeal: 25%
- Does this recipe present beautifully on a plate or in a baking dish? Do your eyes make you want to eat this before you even smell or taste it?
- Creativity: 25%
- Is the recipe your original idea? Is the recipe reflective of unique twists to ingredient usage? Have you incorporated your personal touch to this recipe?
- Crowd Appeal: 25%
- Does your recipe appeal to fellow home cooks everywhere? Does the recipe have easy-to-find everyday ingredients and is it easy to make? Does the recipe have a story that will inspire many others to make it? What score was the recipe given by public voting?
The Grand Prize winner will be selected from the semi-finalists by the panel of Taste of Home food experts based on the following criteria:
- Editors’ votes on general appeal: 60%
- Taste of Home editors will decide on each recipe’s general appeal, considering: Does this recipe taste great with every bite? Does it have mass appeal? Is this recipe visually appealing? Would you want to make this recipe over and over again based on taste alone? Does it contain interesting, yet gratifying flavor combinations?
- Public Voting: 40%
- The public will be provided with the opportunity to vote for their favorite Contest semi-finalist in accordance with the Taste of Home Ready, Set, Bake (#252) Voting Terms and Conditions.
In the event of a tie, the highest scoring entry in the Creativity category will be the winner. Decision of the judges is final and binding on all matters relating to this Contest.
Public voting will help determine only the Grand Prize winner. Once the Grand Prize winner is selected, the panel of Taste of Home food experts will determine placement for the remaining semi-finalists based on the judging criteria above.
Voting for Winners: To vote electronically, anyone with an email address may go to preprod.tasteofhome.com/contests and vote in accordance with the Voting Terms and Conditions for this Contest. After the 12 semi-finalists are chosen, there will be one user-voting period. The voting period will consist of the 12 semi-finalists and will be used to help determine the Grand Prize Winner. The public voting period will be held beginning on or about July 1, 2021, and ending on or about July 30, 2021. Users should log onto preprod.tasteofhome.com/contests to vote on the 12 semi-finalists, choosing their favorite. Each semi-finalist’s public votes will be combined with the judging panel’s rankings and the Grand Prize Winner will be selected from the combined score determined by the judging panel based on the judging criteria above. Limit one vote per person in a 24-hour period. In the event of technical difficulties, voting dates are subject to change without notice.
- Winners and Prizes: The 12 semi-finalists will be selected as winners and receive prizes as follows: one Grand Prize winner will be awarded $500; one first place winner will be awarded $300; one second place winner will be awarded $150; one third place winner will be awarded $75; one Most Innovative winner will be awarded $50; and seven runners-up will each win a Taste of Home book as selected by Sponsor (the Approximate Retail Value (ARV) of each book is $9.99). All cash prizes will be in U.S. Dollars. The total ARV of all prizes is $1144.93. In addition, the Grand Prize-winning recipe may be featured in an upcoming Taste of Home bakeable challenge. The winner of the Grand Prize in this Contest will be ineligible to win the Grand Prize in any other Taste of Home recipe contest for one year following the close of this Contest, but they may enter such contests for which they are otherwise eligible and may win other prizes in such contests. Each winner agrees that the publishing rights granted above will be exclusive to Sponsor, its parent company, subsidiaries, affiliates, partners and licensees for use in any magazine and/or cookbook in any media (now or hereafter existing) for a period of one year after the date a prize is awarded; following such period, such publishing rights shall continue on a non-exclusive basis. Each prize is not transferable and cannot be substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that the stated prize cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any, are the winners’ responsibility. Sponsor will not be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winners’ acceptance or use of the prize(s). All prizes are guaranteed to be awarded, assuming a sufficient number of qualifying entries is received and meet the minimum judging criteria.
- Selection of Winners: Semi-finalists will be determined and notified on or about May 28, 2021 by regular mail and/or email. Winners will be determined and notified on or about August 13, 2021 by regular mail and/or email. Any semi-finalist or winner may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release and Payment Authorization within 10 days of prize notification attempt or be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate. In the event any semi-finalist or winner is a minor in his or her place of residence, all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies (if any) to use the winner’s name, hometown (e.g., city and state) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
- No Recourse to Judicial or Other Procedures/Severability: To the extent permitted by law, the rights to litigate, to seek injunctive relief or to make any other recourse to judicial or any other procedure in case of disputes or claims resulting from or in connection with this Contest are hereby excluded, and any entrant expressly waives any and all such rights. In the event that a court of competent jurisdiction finds the foregoing waiver unenforceable, entrants hereby consent to the jurisdiction and venue residing exclusively within the federal or state courts sitting in Milwaukee County in the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A. and agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action. Entrants agree that these Official Rules are governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin, U.S.A., without reference to principles of conflicts of law. If any provision(s) of these Official Rules are held to be invalid or unenforceable, all remaining provisions hereof will remain in full force and effect.
- Anticipated Number of Entrants: The total number of contestants anticipated is 1,000.
- Consumer Information and Winner List: If you do not wish to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request in writing to Taste of Home Ready, Set, Bake Recipe Contest (#252) Mailing List, PO Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Taste of Home Ready, Set, Bake Recipe Contest (#252) Winners List, PO Box 50005, Prescott, Arizona 86301-5005. Request for winner list must be received within one year of the Deadline Date.
|Taste of Home Ready, Set, Bake Recipe Contest (#252) Prizes||Retail Value||Number of Prizes||Anticipated Number of Entries||Final Closing Date|
Runners-up will each win a Taste of Home book as selected by Sponsor
|*Depends on the number of eligible entries received.|
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
No one will know who the winner is until after the Contest ends. Final Closing Date is the last date entries are accepted. See Official Rules for details.
ENTRY IS FREE.
BUYING WON’T HELP YOU WIN.
Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances if you buy something.
VOTING TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The public will be provided with the opportunity to visit preprod.tasteofhome.com/contests (the “Site”) for public voting. The public will be asked to select his/her favorite entry among the semi-finailsts to help determine the Grand Prize Winner. The public voting period will be held beginning on or about 12:01am Central Time July 1, 2021, and ending on or about 11:59pm Central Time July 30, 2021. Users should log onto preprod.tasteofhome.com/contests to vote. Taste of Home editors will select a Grand Prize winner based on the editors’ votes on general appeal (60%) and public votes (40%), as set forth in more detail in the Contest official rules. Limit one vote per person during a 24-hour period. In the event of technical difficulties, voting dates are subject to change without notice. Votes must be entered manually. Entrants are prohibited from obtaining votes by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, paying for votes, offering sweepstakes/contest entries, awards or other inducements or any kind of consideration to persons in exchange for votes, or as determined by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”) in its sole discretion. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be void. Any attempt by Entrant and/or his/her family/friends or any other individual to vote using any fraudulent mechanism, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, shall give Sponsor the right to void the votes in question and/or disqualify the Entrant in its sole discretion. Voting must be completed by the actual person casting the vote. A person may not vote on behalf of another person. Voters must follow instructions on Site to submit their votes. Sponsor and its parent, affiliates, subsidiaries, consultants, agents, participating advertising and promotion agencies and suppliers, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders, employees, agents and representatives of the foregoing (collectively, “Released Parties”) are not responsible for incorrect/inaccurate voting information. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, votes. Released Parties are not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network or telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any vote to be cast or tabulated on account of technical problems, human error or traffic congestion on the Internet or at a website, or any combination thereof or for any other reason, or for any injury or damage to participant’s or any other person’s computer relating to or resulting from participation in voting process or downloading any materials. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE VOTING PROCESS OR THE COMPETITION IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR RESERVES THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES OR OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON(S) RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to modify, terminate, or suspend the voting or void any vote should a virus, bug, non-authorized human intervention, action of Entrant or voter, or other cause corrupt or impair the administration, security, or fairness of the voting. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual they find to be violating these terms, tampering with the voting process, or acting in an unsportsmanlike or improper manner and void all associated votes. If the voting process is terminated early by Sponsor, Sponsor reserves the right to count the eligible votes among all non-suspect, eligible votes received up to time of cancellation, or not count the votes and simply base the winning entries on the other judging criteria outlined in the Contest official rules. The decision of the Sponsor with respect to the tallying of votes, the invalidation or disqualification of any suspected votes, and the combined score for each semi-finalist shall be in its sole discretion and final and binding.