NO PURCHASE IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE DOES NOT INCREASE THE CHANCES OF WINNING.
The Taste of Home Recipe of the Year 2020 Sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) (#567) is sponsored by RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC (“Sponsor”), the publisher of Taste of Home. Sweepstakes begins October 26, 2020 and ends November 30, 2020 (the “Sweepstakes Deadline Date”).
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes open to persons age 18 and older who are legal residents of the United States, its territories and possessions, or of Canada (excluding the Province of Quebec). Employees, officers and directors of Sponsor, its affiliated or subsidiary companies, judging agents and promotion partners, and immediate family members and members of the same household (whether related or not) of such persons, are not eligible. Sweepstakes is void in the Province of Quebec and where prohibited by law or otherwise regulated. All applicable federal, state/provincial and local laws and regulations apply.
2. Agreement to Rules: By participating, the Contestant (“You”) agree to be fully unconditionally bound by these Rules, and You represent and warrant that You meet the eligibility requirements. In addition, You agree to accept the decisions of Sponsor as final and binding on all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
3. Voting Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on October 26, 2020 at 12 p.m. (Central Time) and ending November 30, 2020 at 12 p.m. (Central Time).
4. How to Enter: The Sweepstakes must be entered during the voting period by submitting an entry using the online form provided at https://preprod.tasteofhome.com/recipe-of-the-year-contest/ and voting for a finalist in the Taste of Home 2020 Recipe of the Year Contest (#249) (the “Contest”). Voting by entrants in this Sweepstakes is one of the judging criteria to determine the Contest winner in accordance with the Contest Official Rules. The entry must fulfill all Sweepstakes requirements, as specified, to be eligible to win a prize. Entries that are incomplete or do not adhere to the rules or specifications may be disqualified at the sole discretion of Sponsor. You may enter and vote only once per day during the voting period. You must provide the information requested.
Votes must be entered manually by the actual person casting the vote, and not on behalf of another person. You may not enter more times than indicated by using multiple email addresses, identities, or devices in an attempt to circumvent the rules. Entrants are prohibited from procuring votes from others by any fraudulent or inappropriate means, including, without limitation, paying for votes, offering sweepstakes/contest entries, awards or other inducements or any kind of consideration to persons in exchange for votes, or as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Votes generated by script, macro or other automated means or which subvert or impair the integrity of the voting process, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will be void. If You use fraudulent methods or otherwise attempt to circumvent the rules, your submission may be removed from eligibility at the sole discretion of Sponsor. This Sweepstakes is in no way sponsored, endorsed, administered by, or associated with Facebook, Instagram, or any other social media platform.
5. Prizes: We will award five (5) winners, with winners being selected at random. Each winner will receive a copy of a Taste of Home special issue, with an approximate retail value (ARV) of US$12.99. The total ARV of all prizes in this Sweepstakes is US$64.95. Each prize is not transferable and cannot redeemed for cash or substituted or assigned by the winner, unless prohibited by law. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a similar prize of equal or greater value in the event that any of the stated prizes cannot be awarded for any reason. All taxes, if any are the sole responsibility of the winners. Neither the Sponsor nor its affiliates or subsidiaries will be responsible for any loss, liability or damage arising out of the winner’s acceptance or use of the prize.
6. Selection of Winners: Winner will be selected by random drawing from all eligible entries within or about five days of the Sweepstakes Deadline Date by Sponsor, whose decisions are final in all respects. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Approximate odds of winning are estimated at 1 in 5,000. Winners will be notified by mail and/or email within 14 days of the drawing and may be required to execute a Statement of Eligibility and Release within 14 days of prize notification attempt or winner will be disqualified and prize may be awarded to an alternate winner. Return of prize or prize notification as undeliverable will result in disqualification and an alternate winner may be selected. In the event winner is a minor in his or her place of residence all required documentation must be signed by parent or legal guardian. If any winner is a resident of Canada, he or she will also be required to answer a mathematical time-limited skill-testing question. Failure to answer the question correctly, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, will result in disqualification and, at Sponsor’s discretion, an alternate winner may be selected. Entry and/or acceptance of prize(s) constitutes permission for the Sponsor and its agencies to use the winner’s name, address (city and state/province) and/or likeness for advertising and trade purposes without further compensation or authorization, worldwide and in perpetuity, in any and all forms of media, now known and hereafter devised, unless prohibited by law.
8. Consumer Information and Winners List: If You do not wish to receive future sweepstakes or skill contest postal mailings from Sponsor, specify your request in writing to Taste of Home Recipe of the Year 2020 Sweepstakes (#567) Mailing List, PO Box 3125, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0191. To receive a list of winners, write to Taste of Home Recipe of the Year 2020 Sweepstakes (#567) Winner List, PO Box 3063, Harlan, Iowa 51593-0127. Request for list of winners must be received within one year of the Sweepstakes Deadline Date.
9. Limitation of Liability: By entering, You agree to release and hold harmless Sponsor and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, social media platforms (including but not limited to Facebook and Instagram), partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers, and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim, or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from: (i) such entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes and/or his/her acceptance, possession, use, or misuse of any prize or any portion thereof; (ii) technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunction of any computer, cable, network, hardware, or software, or other mechanical equipment; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions, telephone, or Internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (v) electronic or human error in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries.
10. Disputes: THIS SWEEPSTAKES IS GOVERNED BY THE LAWS OF THE STATE OF WISCONSIN, USA, WITHOUT RESPECT TO CONFLICT OF LAW DOCTRINES. As a condition of participating in this Sweepstakes, participant agrees that any and all disputes that cannot be resolved between the parties, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, exclusively before a court located in Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA having jurisdiction. Further, in any such dispute, under no circumstances shall participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and hereby waives all rights to, punitive, incidental, or consequential damages, including reasonable attorney’s fees, other than participant’s actual out-of-pocket expenses (i.e. costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes). Participant further waives all rights to have damages multiplied or increased.
___ By checking here, You, the Contestant, have affirmatively reviewed, accepted, and agreed to all of the Official Rules.
|Taste of Home Recipe of the Year 2020 Sweepstakes (#567) Prize||Retail Value||Number of Prizes||Odds||Final Closing Date|
|Taste of Home special issue||US$12.99||5||1:5000*||November 30, 2020|
*Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
YOU HAVE NOT YET WON.
ALL ENTRIES HAVE THE SAME CHANCE OF WINNING.
No one will know who the winners are until after the Sweepstakes ends. Final Closing Date is the last date entries are accepted in this Sweepstakes. Your entry date may vary. See Official Rules for details.
ENTRY IS FREE.
You don’t have to buy anything to enter. Just enter as instructed. You will be entered for the prize offered in this Sweepstakes.
BUYING WON’T HELP YOU WIN.
Your chances of winning without a purchase are just as good as the chances of someone who buys something.